Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Diversity Leadership Available
The Institute of Emerging Health Professions and the Enterprise Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement at Jefferson now offer a graduate certificate in Healthcare Diversity Leadership.
The program is designed to meet the professional development needs for those charged with managing or leading diversity initiatives. Program participants will learn how to effectively implement change by addressing issues of equity in their healthcare organizations.
Over 10 months, the program will include online courses and three in-person weekend workshops.
Program modules include:
- Business Imperative of Diversity, Inclusion and Cultural Competency
- Systems Thinking and Organizational Design
- What Is Culture?
- Leadership Concepts to Implement Change
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Diversity Management and Inclusion
- Multidisciplinary Collaborations
- Supplier Diversity
- Multicultural Communications and Marketing
Students choose from a variety of concentrations:
- Administrators: For healthcare-related administrators interested in creating a culturally competent practice.
- Providers: For healthcare providers interested in guidelines on culturally competent clinical encounters and using the measured experience data.
- Diversity Practitioners: For healthcare organization diversity practitioners focusing on community and internal communications and change implementation.
- Community: For community members with a focus on caregiving, health plan and health financial literacy.
- Faculty: For faculty members interested in cultural sensitivity and diversity-curriculum integration.